Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rachel's Summer...

This summer was way fun for me. It was also really busy...

First thing we did this summer, was me and Nicole went on out trip to Tibet for Biking. It was way fun. We spent 3 weeks in Tibet and 15 days biking. The biking days were up to 75 miles long. We went to the base camp of Mt. Everest by bike, which was awesome to see. While we were there, about a week and a half in, I got really sick. Luckily, though, i was able to get to a hospital, and three days, and 14 I.V. drips later, i was okay. We were able to have a fun time with all of the people involved and got really close to all of them. I was able to see how hard it is to do things like this that involve extreme sport. My favorite thing about the trip was going to all of the places in Nepal and Tibet to go site seeing and look at all of the monasteries and national monuments. It was fun to be in another country and see their culture. While we were doing the biking, we camped all of the way. It was hard at first, because me and Nicole weren't used to the conditions, but it ended up being fun, and I even learned how to pitch my own tent! ha ha. It was a way fun experience, and I am so glad I went on the trip.
I'm grateful we are given all of these fun opportunities!


After Tibet I went back to Utah to see all of my Family and stuff, and the first thing me and Nicole did was go to Girl's Camp. It was way fun, I always like girls camp. Since we don't have a ward, we went to Becky's (our cousin who is Nicole's age) ward.

After girls camp I went to E.F.Y at Utah state in Logan, which was WAY fun. I had sooo much fun. I met some great people and had a fun time!

Then, when we got home we went to Lake Powell for a week, which was fun because we don't get the chance to go there very often. I tried to learn how to ski, and ALMOST succeeded ( i got up on slalom but my back foot fell out) and had fun bumper tubing and knee boarding!

Then, after that it was pretty low-key getting stuff like shopping done and getting ready to go home. We went to Lagoon which was way fun and we did lots of fun things with our family.

All together my summer was awesome and I had alot of fun!!