Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wow! Lots of things have been going on these last couple of weeks. I've been dying to update the blog, but had lots of trouble loading my photos onto the computer. Then, as I was getting ready to try again one morning, something went crazy with the USB cord, and it fried my motherboard! I was so sad! But, believe it or not, we found a place to take the computer, and about 80.00 US and one day later, my computer is back! Hurray! And, Mike got me a new card-reader. So, now you can all see our crazy photos!

On January 7th, I turned 36. The day before was a Sunday, and the family did a great job of making a nice dinner for me, and really just letting me relax. They gave me some really fun gifts, like some "hard to find" American foods from the girls, and Mike gave me some big, beautiful Chinese season paintings. My birthday was lots of fun, because my friends blind-folded me and took me to my favorite place for lunch. I'm sure I was quite the event going through the shopping center blind-folded!




The next Sunday was very exciting, because it snowed here in Nanjing. It doesn't snow often, in fact not at all last year. It was an event for everyone. We got some interesting photos on the way to church, and we went for a walk after church. I have some fun photos from that day. The funny thing is, the snow all melted, and then this last Friday night, we got lots more snow. It's still snowing now. There are about 5 inches now! We are not having church today, because it's really hard for people to get anywhere. They aren't prepared for snow here at all...As you will see in the photos what their method of snow removal on the roads is.


There are a lot of beautiful places when it snows. I had a lot of fun taking photos in some of the parks.


So many people were having a great time making snow-men. They were everywhere!


Here is the snow removal method...


More pretty snow scenes...


Fun in the snow.


Watch out Dad!


The popular thing was to come up to Purple Mountain and make a snowman on your car! Everyone was doing it.


Bridal photos can't be delayed (I guess). This bride looked freezing in her strapless gown. I didn't think it could be too good for the dress when she was posing on the ground. I didn't get that photo as I was trying to take it from the car!


Real men don't miss a day swimming in Xixia lake!


You call this snow????