Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Easter!

Spring is here, and it is turning out to be a beautiful one. The leaves are starting to bud, and it is more and more green. The last week and a half has been busy. Caitlin and Nicole were both in Shanghai last weekend for a volleyball tournament. Caitlin found out this week after practicing so hard that she will get to do her dance in the School talent show. Eli made it through another swimming lesson with blue lips from being so cold! Poor guy. The Chinese hotel doesn't think it's healthy to turn up the heat. Jay is enjoying playing basketball outside. I was really happy to get Mike home last Friday afternoon after having him gone to South Africa for the week. We are looking forward to enjoying the Easter weekend, though we don't get any time off. We are so grateful for our Savior and what he has done for us. Especially for the opportunity we have to be an eternal family. I am especially grateful that I have the knowledge of his great sacrifice as I look around and realise that so many people don't. This year we get to try to make our own egg coloring, and I couldn't really find any Easter candy, but found some candy the kids will like in Shanghai. Luckily, they are pretty flexible these days...


Here is a little walk I took the other day. I just had to find out what the mellow was. As you can see by the little yellow happy face on the tree, it must be a great place!


I thought I may be getting near the "mellow" when I saw all of the trees being planted. They will plant grass and huge trees like this in just a couple of days.



Ah...this must be the "mellow"!


Here is a fruit and nut market we visited last week. In the morning it is so busy you can hardly walk anywhere. While I was here, I had short sleeves on. It was a warm day. One lady with her "sanitary gloves" on for handling the fruit, came over and felt my arm, rubbing it up and down. This gave about 4 other workers the go-ahead to come and do the same. They were asking me over and over again, " Aren't you cold?". They thought it was hilarious when I said no. They are all still in their long underwear and coats or heavy jackets!



Right off of the back of my bedroom balcony, there is a gorgeous magnolia tree that has been in bloom this last week. Nicole took some fantastic photos of it.




Happy Easter!