Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Great Wall Photos

Here are some of my favorite photos of the wall at Simetai.









And here we have what I think was Chad's favorite part of the experience :-) The firmlyu (it's very fun to say). It was really called the mountain train, which we didn't think fit, so we went with firmlyu. We really hoped there wasn't a malfunction where it slid back down the mountain. Don't worry, we'd planned escape routes!

I was certain they would want to climb up the other side after completing the first side to see the unrestored section of rubble. They were a little tired. Near Jen you can see the friend we made. Her name was Janine and she is from Lebanon. I think maybe they only went cause Kellee and Jared had done it. I'm sure the rubble was the highlight of their trip!

The Rubble:



Here, Chad and Jen are flying over the lake to the bottom on the Flying Fox. Jen kept telling the lady at the top she wasn't ready, but she didn't seem to understand english and pushed her off the edge of the platform. Here you can see Jen is still screaming!

We are at the end of our "Great Wall Treck" with Janine. We decided that this rock must say," I just climbed the wall."