Sunday, September 25, 2005

Skiing in September


Rachel and Nicole went on an indoor ski-trip with the school. I'd never heard of indoor skiing, but sounds pretty fun...especially if it's hot outside! This is what Nicole had to say about the trip...

The ski-trip was fun and exciting! On the way there it was exhausting because we went at 5:00pm and got there at 9:45pm. We left on Friday after school. The hotel is a little wack. I mean, all over, there are pictures saying "Einstein came to this hotel" and "Jefferson Stopped By". That's not accurate on account of that Jefferson was in the 1700's! It had good food though. In each room there were four students (all either girls or boys) and a teacher. In my group we got there and after dinner we went into our room. There was a room in the back for the teachers and the rest was ours. We squashed our beds together and slept all together. I picked up this gigatic towel and walked into the bathroom so I could shouwer, but the teacher said that the huge towel was my blanket! Gross!! I couldn't take a shower...I mean I wouldn't take a shower, because, UGHH, I'm not even going to mention the bathroom shower! It had brown blobs all over! (I guess she changed her mind :-) In the morning we got ready at 6:30 and ate a buffet at 7:00. I was really tired. When we were done we drove to the ski place. It was huge! It's the second biggest indoor ski lodge in the world. I decided to snowboard. when we got in the cold snowy hills, I did level one for a while. I fell a couple of times. Then I rode this thing up to the 2nd level. It a long pole with a wooden circle. I never rode one before, so it took a while to get it. While I was suffering, a man came up to me and asked if he could take a picture for and advertizement (they were doing a shoot for the brand Quicksilver where pro's came and were snowboarding for the add). I said no. He said,"please". I refused again, but he took it anyway! I was upset but to make it worse, he said"thanks, I need you for my advertisement!" UGHH! At the end I got better, but when I fall it's not only a fall...it's a historic fall. I mean these falls burn and hurt like heck! Not only that but they make me look like 100% clutz! I had a great time though, and next year...I'll go again!-Nicole
Well, unfortunately, The girls were afraid of ruining the camera inside the resort. So no pictures of inside. Here's our Nicole on the Train. Maybe next year...