Sunday, December 21, 2008

December 2008

Here is our Gingerbread house... It's the first one we've ever actually made out of Gingerbread. It was lots of fun, and more difficult than one would think! We made it from the Hopeful Hearts baking mixes that we made to sell for the winter bazaar.



Mike and I went to the International Club Winter Ball on Dec. 6Th. If you remember, this is the one time a year I can get Mike to go dancing with me. I had such a great time. I'm pretty sure he even had fun. He started out dancing pretty stiffly, but as the night wore on, he loosened up and was pretty good! He danced with me as long as I wanted and we got home at 1:00am. Not bad for old people, huh?


Here is Jay's commercial for a Sony cell phone. Apparently, his rock band was really good when they had it, and really bad when they didn't. He sang "We will Rock you". So, if you want to have a rock band, get a Sony. His unit in school was obviously on the persuasion of marketing.






Maybe these photos get old, but after living here over three years, I still get excited about seeing people doing their thing. Here is a walk through Nanjing. It's so intriguing to me...

Julie and I knocking at this lovely door.









"Please don't let me be next!"




Here are some of the lovely holiday displays out in front of the department stores. This first one is a cow riding in a carriage being pulled by flying horses with an Angel watching over them. Next year is the year of the Cow.


I'll have a blue Christmas tree without you!


And finally, the flying tree.