Friday, December 05, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday Caitlin!

I can't believe we already had Thanksgiving! We had a really nice day. Unfortunately, we don't get the holiday. But, we wanted to celebrate, so we had some families over and had a good turkey dinner that evening. I ordered a turkey shipped in from the U.S. and it was yummy. We can get them here, but honestly, they aren't that good. Unfortunately, I put my camera in the kitchen to take photos, and it got lost under all of the food until it got cleaned up! So, no photos of our fun thanksgiving. I chaperoned a dance on that Friday night over at the school. Nicole and Caitlin were both there, and I think they had a good time. It was fun to see them dancing and having fun. We also helped do a Thanksgiving dinner for all of the BYU students and the rest of our branch on Saturday. I did pie for everyone and baked 2 turkeys. It turned out really fun. I think everyone really enjoyed the dinner. But, it was lots of work, and as you will see in the photos, I was very tired by Sunday evening when we celebrated Caitlin's 13th birthday. She is so much fun. Caitlin is really happy to be 13. She chose to go to a Korean restaraunt with Mike and I. We had a great time. She is always full of energy, and taking care of everyone. We are blessed to have her in our family. On Sunday evening, for Caitlin's birthday we decorated the Christmas tree. That seems to be the most popular thing to do on Caitlin's birthday. We have a big, tall fake tree, and we just put on every single ornament we have. It helps cover up how unattractive this tree is. But, it is fun, and we really feel like it's Christmas now, at least in our livingroom. There are some fairly interesting Christmas displays at the department stores. Maybe I'll get out and take a few photos before it's over so you can see.

Caitlin had BIG hair for crazy hair day this year!


Happy Birthday Cait!!!! One thing on the list for the girls to get in the U.S. is birthday candles!






Yes, I am wearing fleece pajamas... It was really cold! At least I'm not wearing them to the grocery store. We had fun decorating the tree!